Thursday, April 06, 2006


The Jetsons (1962)
 Posted by Picasa

My Flying Car

I've been waiting forty years for my flying car. I don't want a hovercraft or a Nikolas Tesla Flivver, but a personal VTOL (vertical take off and landing vehicle). The closest I can get is a prototype model Moller Sky Car, a waiting list at Urban Aeronautics or Roadable Aircraft (no website), and I'm not sure what from Skywalker or Allied Aerotechnics. Jetpacks aren't manufactured by Bell anymore, but there's autogyros, rotorcraft, and ultralight kits galore at the Popular Rotorcraft Association. There's even (maybe) the Rhyme Strap-on Helicopter. But nothing I can take Judy Jetson to the Jet Screamer concert in...

Skycar

Urban Aeronautics

Skywalker

Allied Aerotechnics

Popular Rotorcraft Association

Rhyme Strap-on Helicopter